Timebank Covid-19 Statement
As of January 2021, England is in lockdown due to the continued rise of Covid-19. This means that we are no longer able to meet with individuals or small groups and have to move all of our interactions online. Although we have done this before it may well be having more severe affects this time round for those who do not have anyone in their ‘support bubble’. With this in mind we encourage you to stay connected with us through our Facebook page, our online meetings and by keeping in touch with one another via telephone. Please see below for the latest guidelines from the government.
England is going into lockdown to try to prevent the NHS from becoming overwhelmed by a surge in coronavirus cases.
What are England’s new rules?
Reasons to leave home include:
* Work or volunteering where it is “unreasonable” to work from home. This includes work in someone else’s home, such as that carried out by social workers, nannies, cleaners and tradespeople
* Education, training, childcare and medical appointments and emergencies
* Exercise outdoors (limited to once a day). This includes meeting one other person from another household in an open public space to exercise
* Shopping for essentials such as food and medicine
* Communal religious worship
* Meeting your support or childcare bubble. Children can also move between separated parents
* Activities related to moving house
After a quiet Christmas this new lockdown is extending what has been a particularly lonely time for some of our members and so we want to ask you to do what you can to stay connected with each other. While we are unable to engage in skills exchanges, we can pick up the phone and give our time to others via the wonderful world of telecommunications! Whether it’s a quick text to a couple of friends or a half hour natter on the telephone once a week, these moments could mean the world. For some, it might be the only contact they have with the outside world.
If you would like to make calls to another member, or indeed have calls made to you, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your outreach worker.
Stay Safe – Stay Connected – Stay Positive