Being diagnosed with a long term condition such as diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, arthritis or mental health can be a challenging time for the person concerned. And there may be times when a person needs additional support to help them manage their condition.
Timebank South West is working closely with Plymouth’s Well-being Hubs and partners to provide long term support to people with new and existing conditions.
Timebanking enables people with long term conditions to:
- Meet new people and make friendships
- Have someone who will take time to listen
- Share skills, hobbies and experience and learn new ideas and skills from others
- Increase confidence, self-esteem and reduce anxiety
- Take part in activities
- Gain a better sense of health and well-being
- Feel valued