Hours: 14 hours a week
Salary: £19,500 pro rata
Location: Plymouth – various neighbourhoods and Whitleigh Office Base
Timebank South West has an exciting job opportunity for a part-time Outreach Worker
So, if you are someone who:
- has community development experience
- enjoys working with individuals and communities
- is a good communicator
- believes everyone has a skill to share
- is passionate about people’s well-being
- has a friendly and positive outlook
- is a motivator
- wants to work within a small dedicated team
- likes to do things a bit differently
Timebank South West is a registered charity supporting individuals and organisations to participate in Timebanking. We have been in operation since 2011 and have a small but dedicated team of staff and a committed Board of Trustees.Timebanking is informal reciprocal volunteering, fitting around people’s lifestyles where participant’s only offer what they want to offer when they want to do it. The only currency is time and for every hour of help someone gives they receive an hour in return to ask for something they want or need, from any Timebank participant.
Our overall aim is to contribute to people’s well-being and reduce social isolation and loneliness by bringing people together to exchange their time and skills through Timebanking.
Key elements of the role include:
- Promote the principles of Timebanking to individuals, organisations and service providers, ensuring Timebanking is inclusive and open to all.
- Raise awareness of the positive benefits of Timebanking and its added value to people’s wellbeing, confidence and self-esteem when they take part.
- Host regular socials and organise activities in various neighbourhoods to bring people together to make and maintain friendships and build social networks to reduce feelings of loneliness and social isolation.
- To motivate participants to exchange their time and skills with others and get actively involved in their community.
- Arrange and support safe one to one and group exchanges between participants.
- Covering letter click here
- Job description and person specification click here
- Application form click here
- Timebank South West Theory of Change click here
- Timebank Roadmap click here
- Further information: www.timebanksw.org
Interviews for short-listed candidates: Wednesday 24th April 2019