Devon & Somerset Fire Service Visit

Whitleigh and Ernesettle Socials had a visit from Devon and Somerset Fire Service to talk about fire safety in the home.

The Firefighters chatted with people individually and helped them to fill out a form with each person. Those who filled out the questionnaire would later get a call from a different team within the Fire Service to get individual help that was identified in their answers. They had help with fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and timers to name a few.

Within one of the groups there were some members with dementia and the Firefighters took a longer time to explain the process of what would happen next to reduce their anxiety.

 Nikki said that she didn’t know that charging of car batteries inside the home could cause a problem with carbon monoxide and cause a fire!